Okay, so what about some of the other links? Here is a brief look at some of the highlights:
- Fallow's Cross is the village the campaign originally started in. The link leads to a description of the town and its environs. There are maps and clever stuff with frames and image maps allowing you to explore the village and the basement of the building owned by the group.
- Stanzfeld Mansion is the large manor house the group inherited about a day's travel from Fallow's Cross. This is where the majority now live. It is connected magically to the basement of the house in Fallow's Cross. In this area, there are more maps - of the environs of the mansion as well as inside the mansion. Most rooms have some information and member's rooms link to the character description page for that character if he/she/it has one.
- New Haven is a village on the other side of the High Forest. In other words its in a pretty inhospitable location. And what with the "fell forces" of Hellgate Keep in the vicinity, Fallow's Cross Adventurers has undertaken to provide protection to the villagers. This link has a map of the region and village, with descriptions of the important places and people.
- Other places is a generic catch-all category. The link takes you to the Locales section of the site (see link in top left also). Here, you can find out about the other places Fallow's Cross has a presence or has had an influence. This includes Sigil (Planescape setting), Calimport (oh yes!) and Waterdeep (soon - be patient).
Do you want to know about the other links? No? Too bad...
- History tells the stories of Fallow's Cross Adventures. It is about 2.5 years behind currently (as of spring '98). There is quite a bit there though as we have been going nearly 6 years!
- Roll Call Ah now we get to the "clever" bits of the site! This is an Active Server Page displaying the current and past characters in chronological order of arrival. There is a link to allow the other palyers to add and update information about the character. There is also a link to the Character Tree view of the characters. Sorry, in order to change things, you need to be a member of the campaign.
- Locales was discussed above under Other Places.
- Rules is a section which we use to keep track of rules mods and such. Because this is a Multi-GM campaign, it gets VERY tedious at times when rules arguments start. The documents here are an attempt to cover those areas of contention with a general solution which everyone can live with. It will grow as time goes on, believe me it will grow!
- Spell Library takes to to a page where you can access the various spell tomes acquired over the years. Would it too immodest of me to say I did all the graphics myself? Sod it anyway, I did and I'm pleased with the results even if nobody else is!
- Fallow's Cross Home Guess where that takes you?
The other links don't need me to explain them to you - they are the usual stuff you see on all web sites.
- What's New Need I say more?
- Who's Who identifies all the perpetrators of Fallow's Cross adventurers, even those who no longer play - there is NO escape!
- Character Trees Another tarty ASP page which lists the characters by player. This list also tells you the class and level of the character. Again this can be updated on-line - aren't I a clever bunny?
- The Adventures Yes another ASP page, this time to list the adventures: who ran them and which characters were on them. This is another updateable page, but only in since Feb '98. There are gaps from before due to bad memories and me being inefficient and not keeping the list up to date!
The lower left menu will change every so often just to confuse you. Other sections of the site use this frame to display options available at that point. It is supposed to make navigation around the site as painless as possible. Since I'm allegedly a professional web designer (ha! you mean the PAY me to do stuff like this?) I have tried to be as kind and helpful as possible so that you get the most out of the site - hence why I've sat down and written all this drivel, which of course nobody in their right mind will have read all the way through to here, so if you have, please sign the guestbook and say "Corrie is a tart" to prove it :-)
What? Are you still here? Go to another bit of the site and read something a damn sight more interesting than my inane ramblings - oh and tell them Marie sent you!
And now for the credits & disclaimer - you can escape now if you want...
Damn too late...
These pages were primarily created by Andrew Prentis, although some pages were written by other members of the Fallow's Cross campaign.
The campaign is based around the AD&D roleplaying game by TSR. Any trademarks owned by TSR but not explicitly mentioned as such should not be considered as a challenge to that status. This is not intended to infringe any copyright owned by TSR